When I first researched this topic, I found a lot of articles about reading books, starting a garden, meditation, blah blah blah blah, gross. These things to me are impractical. If I am stressed about my relationship to my spouse, the last thing I want to do is start a garden. What the hell do I do if I get stressed in winter or if I live in Alaska, huh! Anyways, needless to say, these suggestions did not work for me nor do I see them work for my friends and family.
Here is what I found that did work. It is a little deep thinking but i think you are ready for it. It all comes down to the following 3-5 principles that most Americans are taught to ignore. (We will look deeper into each principle in future blogs.)
1. Perspective - When you were called a do-do head in elementary school it was BIG DEAL! However, now if someone calls you a name you probably tend to just shrug it off, not really effecting you in the slightest. Why? Perspective.
Our situation can be as terrible or simple as we make it. Don't miss understand me. If your close relative dies, sure, that sucks! What I am saying is that the way these events effect our stress levels has a lot to do with how we look at the situation.
We can dramatize an incident or look at it realistically. We can choose to focus on all the negatives and beg for attention on an issue or we can choose to focus on the positives being secure in ourselves and leading others around us to have a better day.
Perspective can make or break our day and is completely in our control.
2. Self-Worth - Yah yah yah I have been trying to improve my self worth for years now. How do I see results here? I feel your pain. It is a lesson I hit hard when curing my cancer. Self worth is easier than we think.
Most people think that they need tangible items and status to have higher self worth. But there are famous celebrities that have everything except self worth i.e. Lindsey Lohan, Brittany Spears, Justin Bieber, Danielle Radcliffe need I continue?
Self-worth instead comes down to simply who we believe we are instead of what the world believes! Which gives us back the control.
3. Responsibility - Ok this one is a little sensitive for most people so I will keep it short.
Responsibility states that everything that you have or don't have in your life is a result from the choices that you have made.
If you believe that your life is horrible because of mean things that others have done to you. You have given control of how your life goes to everyone around you.
If you take responsibility for everything you are, you have the control. I much less scary option. Trust me!
4. Discipline - When were are truthful with ourselves we realize that we have made a lot of messes, with relationship, financially, occupationally. It's ok we are human. But in order to live stress free lives we have to clean up our messes. This means creating more discipline in our lives. I.E. do what our parents told us to do in the first place! (Replace "parents" with successful mentor if your parents were tally wankers!)
5. Purpose - What is your purpose? If you are still reading this because you are hoping to find it in the words that I am about to write you are probably pretty stressed in general. Without purpose we have no direction and can be swayed and pushed around by our circumstances, instead of a focused driven effort to establish a legacy.
If you work at addressing these areas mentally, you will have control over how much stress you have in your life.
Want to feel secure in your life no matter what comes your way? Make sure to check our the next Episode "Perspective - The foundation of God Like Power"
Homework #6 - Create a journal (with physical paper not on your iPad) and start a journal entry. Set a timer on your "iPad" for 15 min and write for that time on the following prompt. "What stresses me out the most? What used to stress me out but doesn't any more? Why don't I get stressed in that situation anymore?"
Subscribe to our Mailing List
Click the RSS Feed to Subscribe
After curing cancer in his own body Brett is determined to share the truths that he has learned with the world and believes that anyone can be cancer free if they choose.